Bilateral relations were established in 1996 with the signing of the Agreement on Normalisation of Relations between the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and the Republic of Croatia.
There is interest in improving overall relations and cooperation in all the areas that are important to both countries and the stability of the entire region. To this end, several joint interstate bodies (commissions) were established for resolving open issues.
The President of the Republic of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, visited Croatia on 12 and 13 February 2018.
The then Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia, Ivica Dačić, visited Croatia on 15 March 2015.
The President of the Croatian Parliament, GordanJandroković, visited Serbia on 17 April 2018.
According to the data of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, the total trade between Serbia and Croatia during 2021 amounted to 1.33 billion euros and represents an increase of 25% compared to the exchange achieved in 2020.
Croatia belongs to a group of 20 leading investors in Serbia, with around 900 million euros invested in various sectors, from trade and services to the manufacturing industry. In the last few years, a positive step has been made in terms of investments by Serbian companies in the tourism and agriculture sector in Croatia.
The Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Croatia signed 48 bilateral agreements, of which the following are singled out:
- Agreement on Normalisation of Relations between the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and the Republic of Croatia, signed on 23 August 1996,
- Agreement between Serbia and Montenegro and the Republic of Croatia on the Protection of the Rights of the Serbian and Montenegrin Minority in the Republic of Croatia and of the Croatian Minority in Serbia and Montenegro, signed on 15 November 2004,
- Protocol on Cooperation in the Process of European Integration between the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Government of the Republic of Croatia, signed on 20 March 2009,
- Agreement on Economic Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Government of the Republic of Croatia, signed on 24 June 2009,
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Serbia and the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Croatia on cooperation to improve the efficiency of railway transport, signed on 9 March 2018.
The Embassy of the Republic of Serbia in Zagreb (Croatia):http://zagreb.mfa.gov.rs/cir/.
The Embassy of the Republic of Croatia in Belgrade (Serbia):http://rs.mvep.hr/.
Department for Neighbouring Countries and Countries of South East Europe:tel.00 381 (0) 113068280,e-mail: email@example.com.