Political relations and cooperation between Serbia and Australia have the potential for improvement in various areas, for which there is mutual interest between the two countries.
Former President of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia Slavica Đukić-Dejanović visited Australia in September 2009, which is the last visit at that level between the two countries.
The then First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior I. Dačić visited Australia in February 2012, while then Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop visited Serbia on 13 – 14 July 2017.
Bilateral economic cooperation between Serbia and Australia is currently conducted mostly through trade exchange. Although relatively moderate, the volume of trade and services exchange recorded the persistent growth in the last few years. In 2022 the total merchandise trade was 61.353 million USD with our export of 30.651 million USD and import from Australia of 30.702 million USD.
- Agreement on social security between the Republic of Serbia and Australia, signed on January 20, 2023.
- Agreement between the SFRY and the Government of the Commonwealth of Australia on the stay and employment of Yugoslav citizens in Australia, with an arrangement between the Government of the SFRY and the Commonwealth of Australia on the manner of selection and travel conditions of Yugoslav citizens to Australia, signed on 12 February 1970 (UN Treaty Collection No.742 page 299)
- Trade agreement between the SFRY and the Government of the Commonwealth of Australia, signed on 21 July 1970 (The Official Gazette No.30/1971; UN Treaty Collection, volume No.807)
- Agreement on cultural cooperation between the Government of the SFRY and the Government of Australia, signed on 14 September 1976 (International Treaties 2/1978)
- Agreement on air traffic between the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Government of Australia, signed on 14 May 2013 (The Official Gazette RS – International Treaties No.13/13).
The Embassy of the Republic of Serbia in Canberra: http://www.canberra.mfa.gov.rs/cir/
The Embassy of Australia in Belgrade: https://www.serbia.embassy.gov.au.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia – Department for Asia, Australia and Pacific (DAAP)
Tel. 00 381 (0) 11 30 68 345; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.